Location: Des Moines (Hybrid) or Remote
About SA - Our People
Think of the world’s most talented creative thinkers. Problem-solvers. Strategists. At Strategic America, we don’t bring on anything less. The way we see it, if you’re going to make the best work of your life, you may as well do it with people you like.
At SA, we’ve always been passionate about our employees. Since 2021, we’re also employee owned with participation in an Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP). Employee ownership ensures SA remains independent and allows our talented team members to share in the company’s success. With each year of employment, SAers build equity in the company, becoming fully vested after six years.
Our employee-led, leadership-supported ERGs celebrate the diversity of our team, foster inclusivity and belonging, and create a space to connect to each other. Through connections and understanding, we build a stronger and more dynamic team and help every person reach their personal peak.
About SA – The Company
When you join SA, you join a strategic team (yes, it’s in our name!) who is also wired for action. Authenticity is our focus, and every day we help our clients propel their potential. If you’re ready for a fast-paced environment that challenges you, supports you, and rewards you, then look no further. Our clients rely on us and we rely on each other to go the extra mile, to hold ourselves accountable because we’re better together and we know we can always find the better way.
About The Role
We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job; a place to belong and grow. As we leap toward our goals that will shape our future, our employee experience is unique. Flexibility, connection, inclusiveness, and collaboration support our well-being and help us be our best. Because when you feel like you belong, work is no longer work – it's personal. We believe better employees lead to better results.
Join us as we transform your career!
As a Marketing Strategist, you will...
- Responsible for marketing research, analysis & strategy for multiple clients and channels. They possess a solid understanding of each client’s core business.
- Must be analytical, well organized, flexible, and able to problem solve.
- Maintains marketing calendars, particularly for direct marketing and integration into reports for marketing performance analysis.
- Works with leadership in the strategic planning process and helps in the creation of business plans, market research and tracking plus reporting of data intelligence.
- Creates and maintains reports and visual marketing intelligence for internal and external use.
- Provides ongoing strategic counsel: recommending actions to improve the value proposition, growth opportunities, operational excellence and competitive position.
- Supports the team in the design and implementation of integrated marketing strategies across multiple communication channels.
- Collaborates across the marketing and communications team to ensure the right resources are utilized at the right time, for the right campaign, to get the best results.
- Participates in the development and implementation of annual marketing and communications plans. Developing and/or contributing to the creative brief and guiding the creative process by providing information on the product, audience and strategy.
- Direct marketing planning including development of nurture and acquisition campaigns. Direct marketing segmentation, strategy, testing and analysis with direct marketing creative, targeting and offer.
- Works with internal and external resources to develop client tools and services such as segmentation, modeling, dashboard development, decision aids and business case analysis to support programs, creative and recommended solutions.
- Develops data strategies (e.g. what we should capture, how we should capture it, and the triggers/decisions as a result, etc.).
- Implementation of business analytics, assessments and intelligence that support overall marketing strategy.
- Contributes to the department’s budget planning cycle, aligning marketing plans with overall system goals and objectives.
- Has experience leading the data program for a client. Leading analysis of campaign performance, making recommendations on marketing optimizations, and building new systems for data collection, processing and visualization to create efficiencies.
- Participates in forecasting and planning for clients’ marketing and business plans. This includes analyzing past data to forecast marketing performance and developing plans and forecasts that account for seasonality and other factors.
- Provides training to internal personnel.
- Serves as a positive role model by representing the SA’s Core Values.
- Other duties as assigned.
We realize applying for jobs can feel daunting at times. Even if you don’t check all the boxes in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
- Bachelor's degree in design or related field, or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years of marketing experience
- Requires strong organizational, problem-solving, analytical, and listening skills.
- Able to work independently as well as collaboratively within all levels of the creative and marketing team.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written skills.
- Experience with Tableau or other visualization systems is required.
- Professional work ethic and a team player.
- Must demonstrate initiative and proactivity in seeking new opportunities and solutions.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong supporter of SA’s desired culture.
Our Commitment to Inclusivity and Diversity
We are proud to be one of only 14 agencies nationwide, and the first in the Midwest, to earn the 4A’s Workplace Enlightenment Certification®, and we couldn’t have done it without our associates, who participated in digital learning sessions on race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, age, disabilities, and faith. At SA, we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment where people of every background can thrive and feel welcome. Learn more about our commitments here.
Don’t meet every single requirement for this role? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. Because we are fully committed to our culture of diversity and inclusion, one that reflects the clients we serve and communities we work in, if you’re excited about this role but your qualifications don’t align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Salary Grade (internal use only) - 8
The Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act requires employers in the state of Colorado to disclose the following information. If the position applied to is not located in Colorado, the following information may not apply. Salary Minimum: $61,698 Salary Maximum: $95,631. Other components of our Total Rewards package are our discretionary bonus plan and employee stock ownership plan, health, dental, and vision insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays, volunteer time off and paid time off.