WordPress Developer/Web Designer
Think of the world’s most talented creative thinkers. Problem-solvers. Strategists. At Strategic America, we don’t bring on anything less. The way we see it, if you’re going to make the best work of your life, you may as well do it with people you like.
At SA, we’ve always been passionate about our employees. Since 2021, we’re also employee owned with participation in an Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP). Employee ownership ensures SA remains independent and allows our talented team members to share in the company’s success. With each year of employment, SAers build equity in the company, becoming fully vested after six years.
Our employee-led, leadership-supported ERGs celebrate the diversity of our team, foster inclusivity and belonging, and create a space to connect to each other. Through connections and understanding, we build a stronger and more dynamic team and help every person reach their personal peak.
About SA – The Company
When you join SA, you join a strategic team (yes, it’s in our name!) who is also wired for action. Authenticity is our focus, and every day we help our clients propel their potential. If you’re ready for a fast-paced environment that challenges you, supports you, and rewards you, then look no further. Our clients rely on us and we rely on each other to go the extra mile, to hold ourselves accountable because we’re better together and we know we can always find the better way.
We're proud to be a member of a thriving community. Forbes recently named Des Moines the No. 1 place for young professionals to live. This is based on affordable monthly rent costs, low unemployment, the opportunity to find work quickly and access to vibrant attractions and events. The Census Bureau noted the city is now the fastest-growing metro area in the Midwest, with a population nearing one million residents. While we call the Des Moines metro our home, we are proud to have an established remote workforce that spans across the United States.
Recently named a Best-In-Class Employer, SA was recognized for its comprehensive framework for strategically investing in benefits, compensation and employee communication to support the health, financial security and career growth of its employees at a sustainable cost structure.
About The Role
We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job; a place to belong and grow. As we leap toward our goals that will shape our future, our employee experience is unique. Flexibility, connection, inclusiveness, and collaboration support our well-being and help us be our best. Because when you feel like you belong, work is no longer work – it's personal. We believe better employees lead to better results.
Join us as we transform your career!
As a WordPress Developer/Web Designer, you will...
- Work with the client and internal teams to design and develop visually compelling websites while keeping UX/UI best practices in mind
- Translate ideas and requirements into detailed interaction flows, wireframes, and page designs
- Create wireframes, style guides, sitemaps, and page layouts for web projects
- Assist in implementing final designs into working front-end solutions that meet specifications and requirements outlined for the project
- Perform rigorous QA and testing across multiple browsers and devices to ensure design accuracy and adjust as necessary
- Collaborate with project managers, content strategists, developers, and other agency personnel on projects
- As needed, assist in designing digital creative for marketing campaigns (banners, email campaigns, illustrations, etc.) with a focus on a cohesive marketing strategy
- Present and collaborate on designs at key milestones in every project to peers and client stakeholders
- Bridge communication between front-end design and back-end development
- Bring ideas and improvements to design process and actively find a better way, always
- Stay current on the latest UI, UX, SEO and design trends
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications (Include Education and Experience):
- Advanced knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Adobe XD) with a proven track record in website design
- Strong design concept skills, including typography, colors, styles, etc.
- Experience working with brand guidelines
- Understands responsive design and digital user experience
- Experienced in WordPress content management system
- Superior organization, presentation, and time management skills
- Ability to manage numerous tasks in a deadline driven work environment
- Proactive, resourceful, and strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with individuals at all levels within the organization, internally and externally
- Comfortable in client-facing environments (calls, presentations, etc.)
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Plus: knowledge of accessibility standards and building ADA compliant websites
Education – Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional work experience
Certifications, Licenses, Associations, etc. – N/A
Physical – Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travel – Minimal travel required.
We are considering local candidates who will work a hybrid schedule, as well full-time remote candidates outside of Iowa.
Our Commitment to Inclusivity and Diversity
We are proud to be one of only 14 agencies nationwide, and the first in the Midwest, to earn the 4A’s Workplace Enlightenment Certification®, and we couldn’t have done it without our associates, who participated in digital learning sessions on race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, age, disabilities, and faith. At SA, we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment where people of every background can thrive and feel welcome. Learn more about our commitments here.
Don’t meet every single requirement for this role? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. Because we are fully committed to our culture of diversity and inclusion, one that reflects the clients we serve and communities we work in, if you’re excited about this role but your qualifications don’t align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.