Executive Director, Media & Digital Services
About SA - Our People
Think of the world’s most talented creative thinkers. Problem-solvers. Strategists. At Strategic America, we don’t bring on anything less. The way we see it, if you’re going to make the best work of your life, you may as well do it with people you like.
At SA, we’ve always been passionate about our employees. Since 2021, we’re also employee owned with participation in an Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP). Employee ownership ensures SA remains independent and allows our talented team members to share in the company’s success. With each year of employment, SAers build equity in the company, becoming fully vested after six years.
Our employee-led, leadership-supported ERGs celebrate the diversity of our team, foster inclusivity and belonging, and create a space to connect to each other. Through connections and understanding, we build a stronger and more dynamic team and help every person reach their personal peak.
About SA – The Company
When you join SA, you join a strategic team (yes, it’s in our name!) who is also wired for action. Authenticity is our focus, and every day we help our clients propel their potential. If you’re ready for a fast-paced environment that challenges you, supports you, and rewards you, then look no further. Our clients rely on us and we rely on each other to go the extra mile, to hold ourselves accountable because we’re better together and we know we can always find the better way.
About The Role
We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job; a place to belong and grow. As we leap toward our goals that will shape our future, our employee experience is unique. Flexibility, connection, inclusiveness, and collaboration support our well-being and help us be our best. Because when you feel like you belong, work is no longer work – it's personal. We believe better employees lead to better results.
Join us as we transform your career!
As an Executive Director, Media & Digital Services, you will...
- Provide both a bold vision and specific goals for innovative media initiatives.
- Serves as the voice of traditional/offline and digital media within the company and outwardly to clients and potential clients.
- Develops and manages a best in-class media team, ensures mixed-media advertising efforts map to strategic priorities, and oversees the integration of SA digital capabilities into all functions.
- Responsible for the execution of media strategies across the business and profitability reporting.
- Accountable for the team’s accurate execution of paid media programs including but not limited to TV, radio, print, digital, out-of-home advertising, and paid social.
- Spearhead development and expansion of interactive products/services offered by the agency, including development of sales, operations, and reporting processes.
- Evaluates and monitors new and emerging digital marketing concepts. Identifies, develops and manages high-level vendor and partner relationships. Defines company digital/e-Commerce media objectives and develops and implements both strategic and tactical activities and functions for the fulfillment of digital goals.
- Participate in the development of all client media goals, KPI’s, monthly media spends and resource/ hours.
- Ensure each team member measures and reports performance of all paid marketing campaigns, , and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs).
- Forecasts performance and acts proactively to increase success.
- Monitor industry competition and provide differentiating ideas.
- Liaise with new business (growth) and client services to increase client satisfaction through cohesive strategies.
- Working with the DRI team, oversees the development of relevant and personalized customer experiences across applications, and social technologies through customer segmentation
- Responsible for the offline and online marketing roadmap of the agency, providing expertise and recommendations for marketing services and strategic partnerships as part of larger integrated strategy.
- Stay up-to-date and evaluate emerging trends in digital marketing and implement team-wide and in all client campaigns.
- Direct media team oversight will include analytics and insights, customer acquisition, customer retention and loyalty with emphasis on driving measurable results to clients.
- Develop strategic approach to media investment and media channel allocation to maximize investment, brand and product awareness and effectiveness.
- Develop a strategic plan to identify specific customer targets, market opportunities, and value propositions of potential online and offline solutions.
- Provide overall guidance regarding the media strategy based upon knowledge of market trends, developments in technology, and awareness of customer behavior within the industry.
- Serves as a positive role model by representing the SA’s Core Values.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business or related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 15+ years in digital and traditional marketing with demonstrated hands-on experience in the strategy, execution, and optimization of effective digital campaigns. At least 5 years of leadership experience required.
- Excellent and proven knowledge of all current digital marketing channels, social platforms, SEM, SEO, Google Analytics, PPC and CRM software.
- Impeccable presentation, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Superior time, organizational, analytical and project management skills.
- Proven skill in the ability to design and execute marketing strategy.
- Highly creative, out-of-the-box, data-driven critical thinker, and problem solver.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong supporter of SA’s desired culture.
- 20% travel required.
The right candidate will join our Des Moines office on a hybrid schedule.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At SA, we are fully committed to expanding our culture of diversity and inclusion, one that will reflect the clients we serve and the communities we work in, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Our Commitment to Inclusivity and Diversity
We are proud to be one of only 14 agencies nationwide, and the first in the Midwest, to earn the 4A’s Workplace Enlightenment Certification®, and we couldn’t have done it without our associates, who participated in digital learning sessions on race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, age, disabilities, and faith. At SA, we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment where people of every background can thrive and feel welcome. Learn more about our commitments here.
Don’t meet every single requirement for this role? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. Because we are fully committed to our culture of diversity and inclusion, one that reflects the clients we serve and communities we work in, if you’re excited about this role but your qualifications don’t align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.