Executive Creative Director
Location: Des Moines (Hybrid)
About SA - Our People
Think of the world’s most talented creative thinkers. Problem-solvers. Strategists. At Strategic America, we don’t bring on anything less. The way we see it, if you’re going to make the best work of your life, you may as well do it with people you like.
At SA, we’ve always been passionate about our employees. Since 2021, we’re also employee owned with participation in an Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP). Employee ownership ensures SA remains independent and allows our talented team members to share in the company’s success. With each year of employment, SAers build equity in the company, becoming fully vested after six years.
Our employee-led, leadership-supported ERGs celebrate the diversity of our team, foster inclusivity and belonging, and create a space to connect to each other. Through connections and understanding, we build a stronger and more dynamic team and help every person reach their personal peak.
About SA – The Company
When you join SA, you join a strategic team (yes, it’s in our name!) who is also wired for action. Authenticity is our focus, and every day we help our clients propel their potential. If you’re ready for a fast-paced environment that challenges you, supports you, and rewards you, then look no further. Our clients rely on us and we rely on each other to go the extra mile, to hold ourselves accountable because we’re better together and we know we can always find the better way.
About The Role
We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job; a place to belong and grow. As we leap toward our goals that will shape our future, our employee experience is unique. Flexibility, connection, inclusiveness, and collaboration support our well-being and help us be our best. Because when you feel like you belong, work is no longer work – it's personal. We believe better employees lead to better results.
Join us as we transform your career!
As an Executive Creative Director, you will...
- Build a diverse creative team into a unified, nationally recognized creative powerhouse.
- Foster a culture of collaboration, innovation, excellence and accountability among creatives and across other teams in the agency.
- Manage and mentor associate creative directors, art directors, designers, copywriters and freelancers.
- Lead the strategy, and refine the process for developing work that generates outstanding results for clients and buzz for new business opportunities.
- Develop and deliver thought leadership and creative solutions that strengthen clients' market differentiation and leadership position, expresses their brand in the marketplace, and drives lead generation.
- Partner closely with the Creative Services Director and team to enable a seamless creative process while managing creative workloads.
- Provide clear and objective critiques of creative work throughout the development process; inspiring the team to improve and go above and beyond.
- Deliver compelling presentations that sell ideas and expand client relationships.
- Aggressively pursue new ways to contribute to overall agency and client profitability, working with Creative Services Director and Client Strategy & Service team members to do so.
- Be an early adopter with an affinity for new trends, techniques, and technologies; and a willingness to re-invent creative for a changing world.
- Identify, hire and nurture creative talent, maintaining consistent creative quality across all our work.
- General performance management and goal setting sessions with Creative team members to align with company priorities and goals.
- Be a culture ambassador, serving as a positive role model and representing SA’s Core Values.
- Other duties as assigned.
We realize applying for jobs can feel daunting at times. Even if you don’t check all the boxes in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
- 10+ years of experience in a brand creative role; at least 5 years’ experience leading creative team members.
- Ability to conceptualize and turn an idea into a fully integrated, distinctive and successful campaign that drives business success.
- Ability to link creative to strategy and client objectives.
- Proven track record of conceiving, planning and executing large creative campaigns.
- Excellent presentation skills and communication abilities, both internal and client-facing.
- Works well under pressure, juggling multiple projects and deadlines.
- Proven mentoring and team-building skills.
- Demonstrated sense of urgency/ability to proactively make things happen.
- Demonstrated ability to attract/retain/develop a world-class creative team.
- Proven ability to be flexible and adaptive to an ever changing and competitive media landscape.
- Exceptional leadership skills to produce breakthrough work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Deep network of senior-level relationships; business savvy with experience across a variety of industries.
- Solid working knowledge of all facets of creative including conceptual ideation, all forms of video, digital and print design, copywriting, direct marketing and campaign development.
- Strong supporter of SA’s desired culture. See what we're all about here: https://www.strategicamerica.com/about-us/our-culture/
Education – Bachelor’s Degree, MBA or equivalent professional experience required.
Experience – Minimum of 10+ years of professional experience, specifically working with a creative team. Agency experience preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, Associations, etc. – N/A.
Physical – Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travel - Minimal travel required.
Our Commitment to Inclusivity and Diversity
We are proud to be one of only 14 agencies nationwide, and the first in the Midwest, to earn the 4A’s Workplace Enlightenment Certification®, and we couldn’t have done it without our associates, who participated in digital learning sessions on race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, age, disabilities, and faith. At SA, we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment where people of every background can thrive and feel welcome. Learn more about our commitments here.
Don’t meet every single requirement for this role? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. Because we are fully committed to our culture of diversity and inclusion, one that reflects the clients we serve and communities we work in, if you’re excited about this role but your qualifications don’t align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Salary Grade (internal use only) - 16
The Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act requires employers in the state of Colorado to disclose the following information. If the position applied to is not located in Colorado, the following information may not apply. Salary Minimum: $121,798 Salary Maximum: $188,787. Other components of our Total Rewards package are our discretionary bonus plan and employee stock ownership plan, health, dental, and vision insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays, volunteer time off and paid time off.