Group Creative Director
About SA - Our People
Think of the world’s most talented creative thinkers. Problem-solvers. Strategists. At Strategic America, we don’t bring on anything less. The way we see it, if you’re going to make the best work of your life, you may as well do it with people you like.
At SA, we’ve always been passionate about our employees. Since 2021, we’re also employee owned with participation in an Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP). Employee ownership ensures SA remains independent and allows our talented team members to share in the company’s success. With each year of employment, SAers build equity in the company, becoming fully vested after six years.
Our employee-led, leadership-supported ERGs celebrate the diversity of our team, foster inclusivity and belonging, and create a space to connect to each other. Through connections and understanding, we build a stronger and more dynamic team and help every person reach their personal peak.
About SA – The Company
When you join SA, you join a strategic team (yes, it’s in our name!) who is also wired for action. Authenticity is our focus, and every day we help our clients propel their potential. If you’re ready for a fast-paced environment that challenges you, supports you, and rewards you, then look no further. Our clients rely on us and we rely on each other to go the extra mile, to hold ourselves accountable because we’re better together and we know we can always find the better way.
About The Role
We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job; a place to belong and grow. As we leap toward our goals that will shape our future, our employee experience is unique. Flexibility, connection, inclusiveness, and collaboration support our well-being and help us be our best. Because when you feel like you belong, work is no longer work – it's personal. We believe better employees lead to better results.
Join us as we transform your career!
As a Group Creative Director you will...
- Direct creative strategy and refine the process for developing work that generates outstanding results for clients and buzz for new business opportunities.
- Help develop and deliver creative solutions that strengthen clients' market differentiation and leadership position, as well as express their brand in the marketplace to drive lead generation.
- Deliver compelling presentations that sell ideas, expand client relationships and generate new business.
- Help build a diverse creative team into a unified, nationally recognized creative powerhouse.
- Provide clear and objective critiques of creative work throughout the development process; inspiring the team to continuously elevate our creative.
- Foster a culture of collaboration, innovation, excellence and accountability among creatives and other teams.
- Aggressively pursue new ways to contribute to overall agency and client profitability, working with Creative Services Director and Client Strategy & Service team members to do so.
- Be an early adopter with an affinity and willingness to embrace new trends, techniques, and technologies.
- Help identify, hire and nurture creative talent, maintaining consistent creative quality across all our work.
- General performance management and goal setting to align team goals with company priorities and goals.
- Be a culture ambassador, serving as a positive role model and representing SA’s Core Values.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent professional experience required.
- Ability to link creative to strategy and client objectives.
- Excellent presentation skills and communication abilities, both internal and client-facing.
- Works well under pressure, juggling multiple projects and deadline seamlessly.
- Proven mentoring and team-building skills.
- Demonstrated sense of urgency/ability to proactively make things happen.
- Proven ability to be flexible and adaptive to an ever changing and competitive media landscape.
- Minimal travel required.
The right candidate must be in the Des Moines area or willing to relocate and follow our in-office hybrid schedule.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At SA, we are fully committed to expanding our culture of diversity and inclusion, one that will reflect the clients we serve and the communities we work in, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Our Commitment to Inclusivity and Diversity
We are proud to be one of only 14 agencies nationwide, and the first in the Midwest, to earn the 4A’s Workplace Enlightenment Certification®, and we couldn’t have done it without our associates, who participated in digital learning sessions on race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, age, disabilities, and faith. At SA, we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment where people of every background can thrive and feel welcome. Learn more about our commitments here.
Don’t meet every single requirement for this role? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. Because we are fully committed to our culture of diversity and inclusion, one that reflects the clients we serve and communities we work in, if you’re excited about this role but your qualifications don’t align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.