Digital Media Strategist (PPC, Paid Search)
Location: Des Moines (Hybrid) or Remote in the United States
About SA - Our People
Think of the world’s most talented creative thinkers. Problem-solvers. Strategists. At Strategic America, we don’t bring on anything less. The way we see it, if you’re going to make the best work of your life, you may as well do it with people you like.
At SA, we’ve always been passionate about our employees. Since 2021, we’re also employee owned with participation in an Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP). Employee ownership ensures SA remains independent and allows our talented team members to share in the company’s success. With each year of employment, SAers build equity in the company, becoming fully vested after six years.
Our employee-led, leadership-supported ERGs celebrate the diversity of our team, foster inclusivity and belonging, and create a space to connect to each other. Through connections and understanding, we build a stronger and more dynamic team and help every person reach their personal peak.
About SA – The Company
When you join SA, you join a strategic team (yes, it’s in our name!) who is also wired for action. Authenticity is our focus, and every day we help our clients propel their potential. If you’re ready for a fast-paced environment that challenges you, supports you, and rewards you, then look no further. Our clients rely on us and we rely on each other to go the extra mile, to hold ourselves accountable because we’re better together and we know we can always find the better way.
About The Role
We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job; a place to belong and grow. As we leap toward our goals that will shape our future, our employee experience is unique. Flexibility, connection, inclusiveness, and collaboration support our well-being and help us be our best. Because when you feel like you belong, work is no longer work – it's personal. We believe better employees lead to better results.
Join us as we transform your career!
As a Digital Media Strategist, you will...
- Understand definitions of all performance metrics (CPL, CPC, Impressions, Impression Share, CTR, Conversion Rate, etc.).
- Understand how all performance metrics affect each other.
- Navigate and perform tests and optimizations within Google Ads, Microsoft Ads, Facebook Ads, etc.
- Set up call tracking, conversions, or any other trackable KPI within paid platforms.
- Utilize Google Tag Manager or similar tracking tools.
- Utilize Keyword Planner.
- Utilize Reach Planner.
- Lead and present during client meetings (existing or new business).
- Answer critical questions regarding campaign strategy and performance.
- Provide clear Google Ad/paid advertising campaign strategy.
- Launch new Google Ad/paid advertising accounts from scratch.
- Set up billing profiles within paid platforms.
- Create new business budget and strategy recommendations.
- Manage client accounts with little assistance.
- Manage client relationship with little assistance.
- Outside vendor management.
- Continuously monitor industry newsletters, blogs, etc. to stay up to date on paid platform changes/updates.
- Participate in local or nearby SEM industry conferences (when budgets allow and applicable)
- Other duties as assigned.
We realize applying for jobs can feel daunting at times. Even if you don’t check all the boxes in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
- This is a Paid Search/SEM role.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 1-3 years of experience in digital marketing.
- General knowledge of digital marketing with concentration in SEM
- Experience launching and optimizing paid advertising SEM campaigns
- Experience creating and implementing keyword optimation strategies
- Excelling project management and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of teams and business groups, including account service, creative, media, and technology
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong supporter of SA’s desired culture
Our Commitment to Inclusivity and Diversity
We are proud to be one of only 14 agencies nationwide, and the first in the Midwest, to earn the 4A’s Workplace Enlightenment Certification®, and we couldn’t have done it without our associates, who participated in digital learning sessions on race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, age, disabilities, and faith. At SA, we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment where people of every background can thrive and feel welcome. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, or marital, veteran, or physical or mental disability status. Learn more about our commitments here.
Salary Grade (internal use only) - 5
The Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act requires employers in the state of Colorado to disclose the following information. If the position applied to is not located in Colorado, the following information may not apply. Salary Minimum: $48,978 Salary Maximum: $75,915. Other components of our Total Rewards package are our discretionary bonus plan and employee stock ownership plan, health, dental, and vision insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays, volunteer time off and paid time off.