About SA - Our People
Think of the world’s most talented creative thinkers. Problem-solvers. Strategists. At Strategic America, we don’t bring on anything less. The way we see it, if you’re going to make the best work of your life, you may as well do it with people you like.
At SA, we’ve always been passionate about our employees. Since 2021, we’re also employee owned with participation in an Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP). Employee ownership ensures SA remains independent and allows our talented team members to share in the company’s success. With each year of employment, SAers build equity in the company, becoming fully vested after six years.
Our employee-led, leadership-supported ERGs celebrate the diversity of our team, foster inclusivity and belonging, and create a space to connect to each other. Through connections and understanding, we build a stronger and more dynamic team and help every person reach their personal peak.
About SA – The Company
When you join SA, you join a strategic team (yes, it’s in our name!) who is also wired for action. Authenticity is our focus, and every day we help our clients propel their potential. If you’re ready for a fast-paced environment that challenges you, supports you, and rewards you, then look no further. Our clients rely on us and we rely on each other to go the extra mile, to hold ourselves accountable because we’re better together and we know we can always find the better way.
About The Role
We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job; a place to belong and grow. As we leap toward our goals that will shape our future, our employee experience is unique. Flexibility, connection, inclusiveness, and collaboration support our well-being and help us be our best. Because when you feel like you belong, work is no longer work – it's personal. We believe better employees lead to better results.
Join us as we transform your career!
As a Client Manager, you will...
- Support the marketing plan and strategy developed by senior leaders.
- Act as the key contact for client questions and requests, makes suggestions and recommendations that result in building client relationship and business.
- Proactively seek ways to identify, anticipate, and communicate client needs, initiatives, objectives, and opportunities.
- Provide recommendations for client/branch/dealers for budget spending.
- Communicate and collaborate with disciplines in the organization in order to facilitate client requests to ensure client success.
- Research, collect and manage client specific consumer insights.
- Analyze past results (season or year) and review data in dashboards.
- Partner with the Project Management team, collaborate to deliver on project schedules, identify project risks related to changes in scope and timing.
- Serves as a positive role model by representing the SA’s Core Values.
- Other duties as assigned.
We realize applying for jobs can feel daunting at times. Even if you don’t check all the boxes in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of 3 years in Marketing or related experience. Experience in sales or customer service required.
- Foundational knowledge of marketing campaigns to articulate strong recommendations.
- Knowledge and understanding of budgets and financials for client scopes and maintain strong agency business.
- Comprehensive knowledge and skills across multi-channel media (print, digital, social)
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, analytical, and listening skills.
- Strong sales and negotiation skills
- Effective time management in a professional setting.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment; must be resourceful and self-motivating.
- Must have strong teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong supporter of SA’s desired culture. See what we're all about here: https://www.strategicamerica.com/about-us/our-culture/
The right candidate will join our Des Moines office on a hybrid schedule.
Our Commitment to Inclusivity and Diversity
We are proud to be one of only 14 agencies nationwide, and the first in the Midwest, to earn the 4A’s Workplace Enlightenment Certification®, and we couldn’t have done it without our associates, who participated in digital learning sessions on race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, age, disabilities, and faith. At SA, we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment where people of every background can thrive and feel welcome. Learn more about our commitments here.
Don’t meet every single requirement for this role? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. Because we are fully committed to our culture of diversity and inclusion, one that reflects the clients we serve and communities we work in, if you’re excited about this role but your qualifications don’t align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.