Location: Des Moines (Hybrid) or Remote within the United States only.
About SA - Our People
Think of the world’s most talented creative thinkers. Problem-solvers. Strategists. At Strategic America, we don’t bring on anything less. The way we see it, if you’re going to make the best work of your life, you may as well do it with people you like.
At SA, we’ve always been passionate about our employees. Since 2021, we’re also employee owned with participation in an Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP). Employee ownership ensures SA remains independent and allows our talented team members to share in the company’s success. With each year of employment, SAers build equity in the company, becoming fully vested after six years.
Our employee-led, leadership-supported ERGs celebrate the diversity of our team, foster inclusivity and belonging, and create a space to connect to each other. Through connections and understanding, we build a stronger and more dynamic team and help every person reach their personal peak.
About SA – The Company
When you join SA, you join a strategic team (yes, it’s in our name!) who is also wired for action. Authenticity is our focus, and every day we help our clients propel their potential. If you’re ready for a fast-paced environment that challenges you, supports you, and rewards you, then look no further. Our clients rely on us and we rely on each other to go the extra mile, to hold ourselves accountable because we’re better together and we know we can always find the better way.
About The Role
We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job; a place to belong and grow. As we leap toward our goals that will shape our future, our employee experience is unique. Flexibility, connection, inclusiveness, and collaboration support our well-being and help us be our best. Because when you feel like you belong, work is no longer work – it's personal. We believe better employees lead to better results.
Join us as we transform your career!
As a SEO Analyst, you will...
- Work with cross-functional teams to establish and implement SEO strategies for clients.
- Develop strong, trusting relationships between clients and agency partners, providing leadership and support during strategy, ideation, execution and analysis.
- Evaluate SEO performance based on key performance indicators (KPIs) on a weekly basis in order to make recommendations and alterations in a timely manner.
- Perform keyword research and monitors keyword performance.
- Manage local SEO programs individually and at scale.
- Collaborate with content strategists to incorporate keywords and searcher intent into writing.
- Perform technical SEO audits to uncover issues and inhibitors to website performance.
- Analyze data at an advanced level to identify the root cause of issues.
- Identify backlink opportunities and performs necessary outreach.
- Actively stay current with industry and client research in order to help facilitate early adoption of new technologies and advertising channels.
- Other duties as assigned.
We realize applying for jobs can feel daunting at times. Even if you don’t check all the boxes in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
- Minimum 2-3 years full-time experience in search engine optimization.
- Demonstrable experience in SEO copywriting, backlinking, technical SEO, local SEO, keyword research and overall ability to optimize websites for SEO.
- Prior content management system (CMS) experience a plus.
- Strong technical SEO knowledge.
- Experience using Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and Google Search Console.
- Solid understanding of web protocols, web application architectures and frameworks.
- Experience with WordPress websites a plus.
Our Commitment to Inclusivity and Diversity
We are proud to be one of only 14 agencies nationwide, and the first in the Midwest, to earn the 4A’s Workplace Enlightenment Certification®, and we couldn’t have done it without our associates, who participated in digital learning sessions on race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, age, disabilities, and faith. At SA, we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment where people of every background can thrive and feel welcome. Learn more about our commitments here.
Don’t meet every single requirement for this role? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. Because we are fully committed to our culture of diversity and inclusion, one that reflects the clients we serve and communities we work in, if you’re excited about this role but your qualifications don’t align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Salary Grade (internal use only) - 8
The Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act requires employers in the state of Colorado to disclose the following information. If the position applied to is not located in Colorado, the following information may not apply. Salary Minimum: $61,698 Salary Maximum: $95,631. Other components of our Total Rewards package are our discretionary bonus plan and employee stock ownership plan, health, dental, and vision insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays, volunteer time off and paid time off.